- Faster rendering using available hardware options.
- Support for Intel/AMD and ARM CPU's (both 64-bit and 32-bit).
- Low-latency support using load-balancing multi-threading with O/S native threading model.
- Native support for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, GNU/Linux, BSD and File streams.
Optional support for Android, Windows XP, MacOS X (10.5.0 and later) and iOS and OpenBSD using SDL.
- Stereo, Surround Sound or Spatial output to up to 8 speakers. HRTF support for headphones.
- Extensive status collection support available including stream information, output volume and latency.
- Support for automatic streaming of local or remote audio streams, both in stereo and in 3d mode.
- AeonWaves native AAXS file format can be used to set filters and effects to all emitters and audio-frames.
- Support for stereo and 3d sub-mixing using audio-frames.
3d sub-mixing means it is simple to move and orientate a set of interconnected emitters just by updating the matrix of the parent audio-frame.
- Supports distance time-delayed state changes.
- Distance attenuation with frequency filtering.
- Adds a physically correct Doppler velocity effect.
- Supports radiation patterns (audio-cones) using the directional filter.
- Indoor sound propagation with direct path occlusion and reverb blocking.
Filters/Effects and Audio formats
- 5 audio file types (WAV, Vorbis, MP3, raw and AAXS) are supported.
- 14 PCM audio formats in both little-endian as well as big-endian format are supported.
- 10 filter types and
11 effect types are supported.
- Every emitter and audio-frame can have it's own set of (3d) filters and effects allowing, for instance, frequency filtered reverb-on-reverb.
- AeonWave version 3.3 adds the C++ option to tie a variable to a specific
filter or effect parameter of a particular class. Assigning a new value to
the variable automatically updates the appropriate filter or effect for that class.
- The streaming code allows retrieving buffers (sampled audio or AAXS files) from remote HTTP servers.
- An internal waveform generator supports 5 waveform types and 3 noise types. Different types of waveforms can be mixed in, added to or ring-modulated.
- The library allows generating complex sounds without the need to ship sampled audio files by combining the waveform generator and available filters and effects.